- Sonos Controller App For Macbook Pro
- Sonos Controller App For Macbook Air
- Sonos Controller App For Mac Mini
- Sonos Desktop Controller App For Mac
- Sonos Controller App For Mac
- Download Sonos Desktop Controller App For Mac
- Sonos no longer allows setting up the SonosNet system from Windows, or MacBook for that matter. This is now a mobile app-only feature. While the Sonos Controller App is still available and you can download it, you’d only be able to play music and not set up the system from scratch.
- The second-generation Sonos One is a versatile wireless speaker with excellent sound quality, support for multi-room audio, and your choice of Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant voice control.
To enjoy the new Sonos Controller apps for Mac and PC, as well as other features of Sonos 3.7 software, Sonos customers must have Mac OS X 10.6 or higher or Windows XP SP3 or higher (including. Sonos Controller aplication For PC Windows 10/8/7/Xp/Vista & MAC. Sonos is committed to making your listening experience effortless, from setting up the first speaker to custom-tuning the fifth. How to set up your Sonos speakers using the Sonos Controller app for Mac. Download the free Sonos Controller from the iTunes store and away you go! Launch the Sonos Controller app from your dock or from the Finder. Sonos updates desktop controller apps for Mac and PC. Revamped Sonos 3.7 controller app for desktops and laptops brings universal search and interface improvements. More people are controlling. Sonos, Inc., the leading manufacturer of wireless music systems, today announced Sonos System Software 3.7, an update that includes brand new controller apps for the Mac and PC to radically enhance the music experience in the home. This free software is available to all Sonos customers via a one-button update to their system. “We’re focused on providing our customers with the simplest.
Sonos Controller App For Macbook Pro
Sonos is a brand like no other. Its quality speakers and the flexibility of installing in any room makes it the preferred choice for many audio lovers. For those who’re on their computers most of the time, but want to use Sonos, it could be a problem because Sonos doesn’t offer computer-specific speakers — at least not at the time of writing this article. Moreover, from 2019 onwards, it has discontinued the feature of setting up the speakers from your PC as the company prioritizes mobile.
I can confirm that this is indeed an issue, as I’ve had it happen roughly 10 times with my Series X since October. The problem happened to me both with the Xbox Series X’s controller and the Elite Series 2 Xbox gamepad. There’s also a lengthy set of complaints on Microsoft’s official support website related to the controller disconnect.
But does that mean it’s the end of the road for PC? Not really. You can still play music on the Sonos speaker installed in your room from the computer. In this article, we’ll explain to you how you can still set up the speakers.
See More:How To Connect Sonos To WiFi
Playing Audio on Sonos Speakers from Computer
Before you start playing audio on Sonos from your computer, you need to understand that Sonos is a closed system. This means that only Sonos controllers and apps can access and control the speakers.
It has exclusive partnerships with services like AirPlay, Spotify, and IKEA, among others, which allows these services to connect to Sonos via the S1 or S2 app. But that’s not the case with PCs and laptops.
Sonos no longer allows setting up the SonosNet system from Windows, or MacBook for that matter. This is now a mobile app-only feature. While the Sonos Controller App is still available and you can download it, you’d only be able to play music and not set up the system from scratch. So if you have already set up your system on your mobile, you can connect to it from the desktop app. Visit the Sonos Controller App download page and get the Sonos S2 or S1 app for Windows or macOS version.
Sonos Controller App For Apple Tv
If you’re setting up the SonosNet system, there’s no way but to set up the system from the app only.
However, if you want to connect directly to the Sonos speakers from your computer for the purpose of playing audio, you’d need third-party software. There are many software packages that enable this capability. But two of the main ones are SonoAir and SWYH or Stream What You Hear. SonoAir is for MacBooks while SWYH is for Windows. Here we’ll guide you through the process.
If you’re on MacBook and want to connect to Sonos, then you should be using the SonoAir project. It is an open-source project (technically speaking, a node.js module) that lets you stream audio from your MacBook over AirPlay. SonoAir also extends the AirConnect project, whose main goal is to play audio to Sonos, Chromecast, and other wireless devices directly from AirPlay.
AirConnect can connect to any device that has access to your local network. It will detect the Sonos speakers and act as a bridge.
Here are the steps involved:
- To start using SonoAir, download the software package on to your MacBook. Since this is not an official Apple app, you need to download it from its official website, which can be found here.
- Install the package and give it permission to whatever the requests are.
- Go to the menu and look for the AirPlay option. It should show you the Sonos speakers available in the network.
- Now get Sonos Connect and wire your PC to the line-in on the Connect. This will link the Sonos app to the computer’s audio output.
- In the AutoPlay menu, you must set the Sonos speakers as your default speakers.
The current version of SonoAir also works fine with High Sierra after it switched from AirSonos to AirConnect.
Since Sonos Speakers are designed to stream music, there might be a slight mismatch between the audio and video output. You can solve this from the Sonos Controller app using the Audio Delay feature. Check out this guide.
SonoAir is a community-based project and is supported by donations. This means, you’re supposed to do everything from end-to-end, and there might not be any support from the team.
The best alternative to SonoAir is AudioBridge. It offers a much simpler process, and there’s a paid version too that you can use.
If you’re running Windows on your PC, then your best option is Stream What You Hear. This is an open-source project and developed in .NET framework.
To get started with SWYH, here are the steps involved:
- Download the SWYH package on to your Windows PC.
- Install the package and launch the app.
- From the app’s icon menu, right-click on the system tray.
- Then navigate to Tools>HTTP Live Streaming.
- Here you’ll find a URL that you need to copy. Copy the URL to paste somewhere.
- Open the Sonos app and navigate into Manage>Add Radio Station
- Paste the above URL in here and save it.
Now you can use this “radio station” to play audio from your PC on your Sonos speakers. Just make sure that you have audio running on your PC. Otherwise, this feature may fail to detect it.
Please note that SWYH is an open-source project, and you might not get any assistance when you encounter an error. Therefore, it’s better to go with a paid application instead.
The final thing you should know that Sonos, as a company, do not recommend these methods. In fact, they’re against tuning your speakers and discourage users from doing so. The process explained to you is a workaround that has been using by many users around the world.
The closest you can get to computer-enabled speakers from Sonos is the Play:1 and Sonos One. While they don’t exactly function as a computer speaker should, you can connect to them using the Sonos desktop app. At least that’s what the official statement from Sonos is.
Sonos Controller App For Macbook
Since Sonos is distancing itself from desktop and focusing more on mobile instead, it remains to see what the future holds for PC users.
Sonos Controller App For Macbook Pro
Sonos Controller 2.7 for Mac can be downloaded from our website for free. This free software for Mac OS X was originally developed by Sonos, Inc. The application lies within Audio & Video Tools, more precisely Music Production. Sonos for Mac (formerly Sonos Desktop Controller) allows you to control software for the Sonos Music System. The app is committed to keep improving the home listening experience. Enhancements and changes included in the latest free software update are listed.
Sonos is one of the most popular brands when it comes to speakers. Why wouldn’t it? This brand is widely used by music lovers who want to get the most of their home entertainment system.
While everyone is going wireless, Sonos continues to be on the forefront in audio devices. With the Sonos speakers, you can easily streamline your music and play music in every room.
Sonos App For Mac Computer
Sonos is an application for Mac designed to help you manage every aspect of your Sonos sound system from your computer. Thanks to this application's simple interface, which is very similar to that of the Android app, you can set up and customize your system in just a few seconds.
It has a wireless smart system that allows you to connect your device to your wi-fi network at home. At the same time, it creates its own network so that you’re not using your wi-fi’s bandwidth. If you want to set up and play your favorite music around your household using Sonos speakers, let us guide you with some easy and simple steps.
Why Apple Users Can Benefit from Using Sonos Speakers
If you’re an Apple user, you’ll be happy to know that Sonos has an app for your iPhone and iPad. Meanwhile, Sonos also gives you control over your music library using your Mac.
If you are a subscriber of Apple Music, you can also listen and stream your music to Sonos speakers via the controller app found on your iPhone or iPad. You can also enjoy the variety of music on your Apple Music catalog or personal music library. With Sonos speakers, you can do so much more.
Hence, a lot of Apple users choose Sonos as their speakers because it works effortlessly with your Apple device whether it’s a Mac, iPhone or iPad. In this article, let us help you through the process of setting up your Sonos speakers so that you can play your favorite tunes in your Mac and other Apple devices.
How to Set Up your Sonos Speakers to Tour Apple Device
Link Your Apple Music to Your Sonos Speakers
Sonos Controller App For Macbook Pro
If you want to link your tunes from your Apple music library to your Sonos speakers. Here’s what you need to do.
Sonos Controller App For Macbook Air
- Step 1 – Go to the Apple store then download and install the Sonos Controller app on your Apple device.
- Step 2 – Open the Sonos Controller app and navigate the More option at the bottom right part of your screen.
- Step 3 – Click on the Add Music Services.
- Step 4 – Go to Apple Music and click on the function Add to Sonos.
- Step 5 – Log in to your account with your Apple ID and password.
- Step 6 – Open the app.
Play Music on Your Sonos Speakers
Now that you’ve linked your Apple Music to your Sonos speakers, just follow the next steps.
- Step 1 – Open the Sonos Controller app.
- Step 2 – Go the Browse tab and open Apple Music.
- Step 3 – Once you’re in the library, select your chosen song, playlist or album.
- Step 4 – Click Play.
- Step 5 – Tap the mini-player found at the bottom of your screen and select your Sonos speaker on the list.
One of the perks of using a Sonos speaker with your Apple device is that you can play all your songs on your speakers simultaneously through the Apple Music feature in your Sonos app. If your Sonos speakers are enabled with AirPlay 2, you can also enjoy the same benefits.
However, you need to use your Apple Control Center instead of the Sonos app to navigate the functions. The Sonos app only lets you control the Sonos speakers.
Setting Up your Sonos Speakers Your Mac
Here are the following steps you can follow if you’re using your Mac to play tunes on your Sonos speakers.
Download the Controller app and Set-Up
- Step 1 – Download the Sonos Controller app from the iTunes store.
- Step 2 – Open the Sonos Controller app from the Dock or Finder.
- Step 3 – Tap Next and go to the Set-Up New System function.
- Step 4 – Choose the Standard Set-Up option and click Next.
- Step 5 – Tap on the lock and enter your name and password.
- Step 6 – Click OK to enable your Sonos speakers to connect to your Mac.
- Step 7 – Once the screen prompts Connect to Power, tap Next. Make sure your device is plugged in your Sonos speaker.
- Step 8 – After the green light starts to flash, click Next. The light may not be visible at first so you need to check the play/pause button to locate it.
- Step 9 – Go to the dropdown menu on the setup screen and choose Sonos on the list.
Set Up the Wireless Function and Register
Sonos Controller App For Mac Mini
- Step 1 – Tap on the Set Up This Player function and follow the instructions on the screen.
- Step 2 – Click Next when the Wireless Setup setting is prompted.
- Step 3 – Input your wi-fi’s network and password.
- Step 4 – Click Next after the player has been added.
- Step 5 – Go to the menu and select Choose Room.
- Step 6 – Pick the room that your Sonos speaker is set up and click Next.
- Step 7 – You have the option to Add Another Player and continue to follow the same steps.
- Step 8 – If there aren’t any, click Not Now.
- Step 9 – Go to Next and write down your email address in the Registration set up. Do not check any items that you are not interested in.
- Step 10 – Go to the menu and continue to fill in the areas required in the registration process.
- Step 11 – Once you’ve completed the process, tap Next on the screen that says Registration Complete.
- Step 12 – Choose the option on how you want to set up your music library. You have the option to click Set up my music now or I’ll set up my music later.
If you choose to set it up now then Sonos will give you instructions on how to add your music to the Sonos controller app. On the other hand, if you select later, you’ll be redirected to the music services instead.
- Step 13 – Click Next and Done to finish the setup process.
Enjoy Listening to Your Favorite Music on Your Mac Using Sonos Speakers
Sonos Desktop Controller App For Mac
Now that you’ve completed all the steps above, you can start streaming music from your Apple Music library and enjoy the crisp sounds on your Sonos speakers via your Controller app.
We hope that we were able to help you set up your Sonos speakers without any hitch. If you find this article helpful, please share it with your family and friends. Leave your comments below in case you have any feedback or questions and we’ll get back to you the soonest.