Safari is the best way to see the sites on iPhone, iPad, and Mac. Thanks to blazing-fast performance and industry-leading energy efficiency, hundreds of millions of users enjoy exploring the web with Safari. Take advantage of powerful new features, advanced developer tools, and cutting edge technologies in Safari to deliver the best-in class websites and apps.
Apple Pay on the Web
Safari for Mac has a condensed and minimalistic interface that offers mac users faster, private browsing with fewer interruptions and extended battery life. When you download Safari for Mac you will get enhanced protection against invasive malicious software and customizable private browsing options to protect your information.
Give customers an easy and secure way to make purchases in Safari 10 or later. Apple Pay allows customers to quickly pay without entering payment, shipping, or contact information on supported websites from their Mac, iPhone, or iPad. Because card numbers aren’t used and every transaction is confirmed with a fingerprint or passcode, Apple Pay is more secure than accepting credit and debit cards.
Picture in Picture
Table of versions: Safari 0/1.x Minor version WebKit Operating System Release date Features 0.8 48 Mac OS X v10.2 - Mac OS X v10.3 January 7, 2003 Public Beta. Initial release at Macworld San Francisco. 0.9 73 April 14, 2003 Public Beta 2. Safari is the best way to experience the internet on all your Apple devices. It brings robust customization options, powerful privacy protections, and industry-leading battery life — so you can browse how you like, when you like. El Capitan 10.11.6 is now released as the latest version of Download El Capitan. For OS X El Capitan users this update is recommended. The upgrade to OS X El Capitan v10.11.6 enhances your Mac's reliability, performance and protection and is advised for all users. Solves a problem that can prevent parental control accounts from saving settings.
Safari Extensions on the Mac App Store
The Extensions category on the Mac App Store showcases Safari extensions, with editorial spotlights and top charts to help users discover and download great extensions from the developer community. With iOS and iPadOS 15, Safari Web Extensions are available on all Apple devices that support Safari. Use Xcode to develop your extensions, with the option to get started using App Extension templates, and implement new capabilities using powerful native APIs and familiar web technologies. Xcode 12 and later supports the popular WebExtension API and includes a porting tool to make it easy to bring your extensions to Safari. And if you’ve already developed an app, you can give users access to your app’s functionality and content, right in Safari.
HTML5 and Legacy Plug-ins on macOS
To deliver faster load times, better battery life, and stronger security, Safari is optimized for HTML5, and will load this content whenever it is available. For websites that use proprietary formats, Safari supports the use of plug-ins such as Flash. In Safari 10, plug-ins are supported for websites where HTML5 is unavailable and may be enabled by users for each individual website. Users can choose to enable plug-ins for one session or every time they visit a specific website. For frequently-visited websites, enabled plug-ins will remain active. For infrequently-visited websites, plug-ins will be disabled.
Content Blockers on macOS
If you previously created Content Blockers for Safari on iOS, you can easily bring them to macOS. You’ll be able to distribute and sell Content Blockers through the Mac App Store. Just like the new Safari Extensions, Xcode makes it easy to create Content Blockers using App Extension templates.
Autoplay and Inline Video on iOS
To help users easily discover your video content, you can now autoplay videos and play them inline with other content on your webpages on all iOS devices. Safari supports autoplay on iOS devices for videos without sound, keeping down the number of distractions on the web.
Split View in Safari on iPad
Users can now view two websites at the same time on their iPad using Split View. Responsive Design Mode makes it easy to see how your websites will render in this view — just tap the iPad preview until it turns into a Split View.
Safari Technology Preview
Download Safari Technology Preview to get a sneak peek at upcoming web technologies in macOS and iOS and experiment with them in your websites and extensions.
Download El Capitan
Download El Capitan OS X is also significant since it’s the last version of Apple Mac OS X released as its successor Sierra was released in the year 2016 under the brand macOS.
El Capitan latest version
El Capitan 10.11.6 is now released as the latest version of Download El Capitan . For OS X El Capitan users this update is recommended. The upgrade to OS X El Capitan v10.11.6 enhances your Mac's reliability, performance and protection and is advised for all users. Solves a problem that can prevent parental control accounts from saving settings. El Capitan Download latest version solves an issue, which prevents access to SMB sharing points by some network devices, such as speakers and multifunction printers. It improves startup time for the NetBoot server connection. Solves a problem that can make authentication of Active Directory longer than anticipated.
At the time of release, El Capitan was promoted as a significant release by Apple similar to how they promoted Mavericks and Yosemite upgrades which were the predecessors of El Capitan.
OS X 10.11 El Capitán
This update is recommended for all OS X El Capitan users.
The OS X El Capitan v10.11.6 update improves the stability, compatibility and security of your Mac and is recommended for all users.
- Fixes an issue that prevents parental controls from saving settings in enabled accounts.
- Fixes an issue that prevents some network devices, such as speakers and multifunction printers, from accessing SMB partitions.
- Improves boot time when connected to a NetBoot server.
- Fixes an issue with a netboot image created with OS X v10.11.4 or OS X v10.11.5 installer preventing it from booting.
- Active directory authentication fixes an issue that may take longer than expected.
System and Hardware Requirements for Download El Capitan
Safari V10 Download
- System requirements : You should have OS X v10.6.8 or below version and 2GB memory. And should have 8.8 GB of capacity. Apple ID is required for certain features; terms are applicable. Certain features include an Internet service provider that is compatible; fees can apply.
- Hardware requirements : MacBook (early 2015)/ MacBook (late 2008 Aluminum or early 2009 or newer)/ MacBook Pro (Mid or late 2007 or newer)/ MacBook Air (late 2008 or newer)/ Mac mini (early 2009 or newer)/ iMac (mid 2007 or newer)/ Mac Pro (early 2008 or newer)/ Xserve (early 2009).
Features of OS X 10.11 Download
Safari V10 Download Mode
- Safari has new features in the El Capitan update. It allows you to easily pin the tabs in the browser to the tab bar so that you can easily access them in the next time
- It has multi-touch gestures to applications like Mail and Messages. And it uses the gathered information of the individual emails on the apps like Calendar
- The Maps feature in the OS X 10.11 offers you the information about public transportation
- Notes feature has added more powerful text processing capabilities. Under this improvement, you can add to-do-lists just like the Reminders application, map locations, photos and videos, inline webpage previews, digital sketches, and other media types
- The Spotlight feature is more improved with more contextual information
- The Photos feature in the El Capitan can now use editing tools from other apps
- The System Integrity Protection gives you more protection to the OS X El Capitan running Mac computers and laptops