• Filed to: PDF Tips
The Mac user base is though limited as compared to Windows but still they are in abundance. There are Safari is the main browser of Mac based systems. From iPhone to macOS the Safari ensures that the users can view the web and internet based content. The best part of this is the fact that a single browser is used over all devices. When it comes to PDF it enjoys a good integration with the browser and therefore it means that the PDF based content can also be viewed. In some cases however it is not possible as the reasons could be numerous. From plugin malfunction to broken links Safari can undergo various issues which does not allow the users to view PDF content. There are many alternatives and online forums which can be availed to get rid of the issues. This also brings the best out of PDF + Safari combo.
Part 1. Open PDF with Safari Alternative
The Best Way to Open PDF
How to download pdf from safari on mac Author: Lafijo Xudiku Subject: How to download pdf from safari on mac. How to download a pdf on mac from safari. How to download videos from youtube on mac Created Date: 1/11/2020 7:35:23 PM. How to Make Adobe Acrobat Reader Available in Safari Open Safari Click on Safari in the menu bar at the top of the screen Click on preferences Click on Security tab at the top Make sure there is a check in the Internet plug-ins box Click on the Website Settings pull down menu across from the plug-ins check. If you have upgraded your Mac to macOS 10.12 Sierra or higher, you just click 'Open Anyway', like this: Step 3: Re-download the software or re-open the download file on your Mac. Download the PDF and open it in Acrobat Reader DC or Acrobat DC. Right-click (Windows) or control-click (Mac OS) the link to the PDF file.
The PDFelement Pro is one of the best ways to solve the problem that you cannot open PDF in Safari. With the help of this PDF editor, you can easily open PDF files, even the password secured PDF documents.
Step 1. Import PDF to the Program
From the official website you can easily download the Safari alternative. Install the program and once the process is finished launch it. You can import the PDF file to the program by clicking on the 'Open File' button or you can also drag and drop the PDF files to the program directly.
Mac Download Pdf From Safari Mac
Step 2. View PDF Files
After you've imported your PDF files to the program. You can view the PDF files according to your needs under the 'View' tab. Under this toolbar, you can easily zoom in or zoom out the PDF files.
Step 3. Edit PDF Files
With multiple PDF editing tools in the PDF editor, you can edit texts, images and pages in PDF files easily. Click on the 'Edit' button, and then you can edit the element in the PDF file on the right side toolbar.
Why Choose PDFelement Pro as the Best Alternative to Safari
The PDFelement Pro is awesome to view, edit and OCR PDF. It is very light and therefore does not consume system resources as compared to Safari. The PDF can also be secured which means unauthorized access is limited. The ways and means of using the program are simple. The official website of the program is full of the tutorials which can be applied easily. The program is also known for PDF form creation.
Key features of PDFelement Pro:
- It comes with sticky notes, drawing tools, text box, mark up tools, and so much more.
- Add notes to a PDF on Mac with this software and your text analyses will be more productive.
- From a dropdown menu on the Tools option, you can access and even customize any of these note-taking tools. This makes the program as one of the unique.
- It provides you many PDF editing tool to edit, convert, create, secure, OCR and share PDF files.
Part 2. How to Open PDF in Safari on Mac
It is basically a configuration which is important for opening PDFs on Safari. If the steps are followed completely then a PDF file which has been accessed using safari will always be opened in a new tab. The configuration steps which are to be followed are as under.
- Step 1. Once the Safari has been launched click preferences. Click the Safari on the left most top corner of the browser. The preferences are located within the list as shown in the figure below.
- Step 2. On the next page there are a number of options which can be seen. Click security option.
- Step 3. On the next page of security settings click on web settings button to proceed with the process.
- Step 4. Choose adobe reader from the left panel to see the related options.
- Step 5. Beside 'When visiting other websites' option select always allow.
Note: If the configurations have been done successfully then the Safari would first download the file and then open it using default PDF viewer. Such configurations are also important for other add-ons which means that browser based issues are resolved using the steps mentioned above as they are not PDF limited only.
5 common issues on opening PDF in Safari
It is very important that the issues of PDF related to Safari are resolved for a seamless view. It will also make sure that PDF files opening never requires an external program such as abode reader.
1. PDF won't open in Safari no matter what
This issue has led the Mac users to change the browser. For resolving it is advised to Open Library > Internet plugins and delete the adobe plugin to resolve the issue completely.
2. The PDF viewer opens but PDF is not load. Instead, a blank page is shown
This is also a common issue which can easily be resolved. It can be done by accessing user > username > library > internet plugins and then delete Adobe PDF.plugin
3. The PDF file is distorted if Safari preview is used to access the file
It is very common issue and once again the resolution is simple. Just restart Safari and reload the PDF file to resolve the issue completely.
4. Adobe could not open PDF name in Safari
Try reopening PDF in Safari. Click the save button at the top of the window. When the download completes click it to open PDF in Safari.
5. PDF cannot be saved from Safari
Press Shift + Command + G once the Go > Go to folder has been accessed. Copy the text line which appears and then access Library > Internet plug-ins > AdobePDFViewer.plugin. Delete the selected item in the finder window to resolve the issue.
Acrobat X and Adobe Reader X support viewing PDF files inside the Safari browser on Mac OS X. Acrobat X and Reader X do not support any other browser, such as Firefox or Opera. For more information about system requirements, click these links for your product: Acrobat X Pro, Acrobat X Standard, Adobe Reader X.
Adobe PDFViewer for Mac OS X requires the following system requirements:
- Safari 4 for Mac OS X 10.5.8 and Mac OS X 10.6.4
- Safari 5 for Mac OS 10.6.4
- Acrobat and Reader via AdobePDFViewer Safari plug-in are 32/64-bit (64-bit available in Safari 10.6)
Note: If you don't have Acrobat or Reader, or haven't installed the PDFViewer plug-in, then Safari shows PDF files using the Mac OS X native PDF support. Support for many Adobe PDF workflows (such as the Collaboration feature or many Forms and Security features) is unavailable.
Configuring Acrobat to display PDF files in Safari
The AdobePDFViewer plug-in is used to display PDF files in Safari using Acrobat and Reader. This plug-in is installed as part of the Acrobat X or Reader X installation. The location of this plug-in is:
Reader's Preferences > Internet > Display PDF in Browser is always dimmed
- To disable Safari integration, delete the AdobePDFViewer.plugin from /Library/Internet Plug-ins
- To reenable Safari integration, rerun the installer over the current installation. Start the Acrobat/Reader X installer from the original media, and then follow the onscreen prompts to complete the installation.
Uninstalling an older version of Acrobat or Reader after Acrobat X or Reader X has been installed removes the AdobePDFViewer plug-in
If Acrobat X or Reader X is installed alongside an older version of Acrobat or Reader, removing the older version removes the AdobePDFViewer plug-in.
To reenable Safari integration, rerun the installer over the current installation. Start the Acrobat/Reader X installer from the original media, and then follow the onscreen prompts to complete the installation.
Older versions of the AdobePDFViewer plugin can overwrite newer versions of the plug-in
Mac Download Pdf From Safari
Having multiple versions of Acrobat or Reader installed on the same system can cause plug-in conflicts. For example, suppose you have both Acrobat 9 and Acrobat X on your system and Acrobat 9 gets updated. In this case, the Acrobat 9 version of the AdobePDFViewer plug-in can overwrite the Acrobat X version of the plug-in. To correct the issue, follow these steps:
Download Pdf Reader
- Reinstall Acrobat X or Reader X from the original media.